Monday, December 12, 2016

BRRRRRRR!!!



Hello From freezing Nebraska! Things are pretty cold and slow this time of year! Not too much has happened, we went on exchanges in Bellevue again, and I went with a greenie to an are that I have never been and we just had to walk around and try and find people. Its was nuts! We survived thank goodness, I got to try out my spanish again, so that was fun and cool! Later this week, we had our Zone training, and it was really good, talking about different ways we can use the Light the World Initiative to find people and share the gospel with them! Its so awesome! Elder Buxton and I also got our journals! I am definitely so pumped to finally have mine! We had an awesome opportunity to teach a couple sweet families this week, one of them is having a rough time right now, but the gospel is definately helping them! We also had our ward Christmas party this week, we dressed up as jews because it was themed "A Night in Bethlehem" It was so much fun! I love our ward, there are so many good people! I also love Christmas time!It's my absolute favorite time of the year, and its so special being a missionary during this time, because we really get to reflect on the saviors life! It has been really cool thus far! Next week is a big week for us, we have a lot of appointments, and conferences! I am learning a ton and having so much fun out here! However I miss wrestling season a ton! luckily we are near some other Elders who are wrestlers! More fun adventures to come next week! Stay warm out there! 

Love 
Elder Kirby

 Basketball game
 Ward Christmas Party "A night in Jerusalem"
 Leather journals for memorizing scriptures
 Zone training

 Any skype info yet? Not yet

How is the cold weather different in Nebraska?  Its like a wet cold that freezes you from the inside out. It sucks because you can't get warm, so you just tolerate the cold. In all reality it's manageable.

No comments:

Post a Comment