Monday, June 26, 2017

Adios Lincoln

This week was fun, it flew by! We did lots of service and went on exchanges with the Zone Leaders this week. I got to go with Elder Osborn, who is from Washington, and we had a blast, he is hilarious. We had a crazy experience with one of our investigators, She is from Africa, and we taught her the Restoration, and after we were done, we knelt and invited her to say the closing prayer. She agreed, and asked if she could do it in her native tounge, we said yes, and she began to sing. It was like a really soft lullaby almost, and I though to myself " ok cool I can dig this" and then out of nowhere she starts screaming in her language, like she is angry at someone. I looked up and saw that she had her arms stretched out and was rocking back and forth. I was trying not to laugh, and then she spoke English for a couple words, and she was saying "Hallelujah! Praise Jesus!" I didn't know what to do, so I closed my eyes and focused. And that's when I started to feel the spirit really strongly. She finished her prayer and stood up and had tears in her eyes. I am so excited to work with her in the future.

We also got to help move about 1400 bricks. Our Friday was so nuts. It started out mowing a lawn for a member of our ward, and then going right to move bricks, and then to helping at the People City Mission, and then to another members home to help him clean up some stuff in his house. It was a crazy day full of hard work! It was so much fun!

The rest of the week was relatively slow, we are working hard and teaching lots of people! I found out today that I will be transferred, to North Platte, with one of my best friends Elder Brinkerhoff! Where I will be a Zone Leader, over seeing 2 or 3 districts. It's going to be fun, but I am going to miss Lincoln! Anyhow, hope you all have a good week!

Love Elder Kirby


Questions

1. In the event of a tornado do you have a shelter in your apartment complex? Go to the basement

2. Tried any new foods? I ate fish this week

3. Best place to eat in Lincoln?  Honest Abe's (burger joint)

4. Any guesses on where and if you get transferred? I already found out!! North Platte


 Elder Ozbourn and I
 Jungles of Nebraska
 Searching for the truth
 Hangin out


No comments:

Post a Comment