Monday, September 25, 2017

chocolate crickets

Hello from freezing cold Nebraska. This week has been rainy and chilly. I even busted out my sweater this week. Crazy stuff. And even though the weather is cold, the work is heating up! So things with Paul have been crazy, he has been faithfully living the Word of Wisdom, and coming to church. But due to general conference and his work schedule, we are expecting his baptism to be on the 14th of October. He is so awesome, he told us he is up to Alma 50 a couple days ago, Paul devotes at least one hour a day to reading the Book of Mormon. It is so cool to see how it has completely changed his life. I know that the Book of Mormon is true. Our investigator Penny is doing really well too, she told us she is thinking about being baptized, so that is a lot of progress. She is the sweetest lady ever. We also have a couple other sweet people we are working with, and we are excited to continue teaching them. Elder Towne and I are doing really well together, we are working hard, and not taking no for an answer! We are finding some really solid people, and we are looking forward to this coming week. Cool miracle happened last night! We were just at the end of our evening, and I felt like we needed to stop at the house right next to our car, so we knocked at the door, and the sweetest old lady answered, and invited us in with her husband. We went in and sat down with them and started to talk with them, and out of the corner of my eye, I saw one of our new pass a long cards sitting on their shelf. So I asked her when she got that, and she told us a few months ago, and then Elder Towne invited them to watch the "Prince of Peace" video that is on the back. As they did, the spirit was so strong. We were able to bear our testimonies of Jesus Christ and his atonement. We talked about prophets and the restoration. And the old woman, whose name is Doris, had tears in her eyes. It was so powerful. We invited them to read and pray about the Book of Mormon. And we are going to go back and see them! But the coolest part, I felt like I had met her somewhere before, and I wasn't sure where, she looked at me and told me that she felt the same way. And she couldn't decide where. I know that Heavenly Father prepares specific people for us to teach, we just have to be willing to listen and follow promptings from the Holy Ghost. 

Also this week, some members bought us some chocolate covered crickets....So I totally ate one and almost threw up...It was an experience none the less haha! Anyhow, the work is going great, I am excited for this upcoming transfer, we are going to do a lot of big things as a zone! Keep up the good work, I love you all and am so grateful for you! Have a good week! 

Elder Kirby

A thought from this week: Time is the most precious gift we have been given. We cannot take it back. We cannot replace it. And we never know how much we have. The best gift we can give our brothers and sisters is our time. 





No comments:

Post a Comment