Monday, October 2, 2017

I love conference


This week was so amazing! it went way to fast though! We had exchanges this week with the North Platte 1st Elders, Elder Adams and I had a blast teaching our investigators and finding new individuals. One lady who we saw sitting on a chair in her front yard told us as we approached her that she had just told Heavenly Father that she was having a hard time picking up all of the acorns in her front yard. And then almost right after we happened to show up! it was truly a blessing of the Lord putting us in the right place at the right time. We were able to help her pick them up and then teach her the message of the restoration. She is such a sweet lady. She saw us this morning while she was driving and waved to us! it made my day haha! Speaking of crazy stuff, we had a guy stop us and tell us to preach to him. It was sweet! We are meeting so many cool people, and the Lord is truly blessing us. General conference was so awesome! SO many good talks. I cant even narrow it down to one that i liked! I loved Elder Bednars talk. So good. I cannot wait to study it some more! I felt so uplifted after conference. In fact when we were driving between sessions, i told Elder Towne "man its conference and these people have no idea" so we went around just inviting everyone to come and hear the prophets voice. It was so much fun! I loved the emphasis on the family, charity, and the Book of Mormon. All of my questions were answered. I know and can testify that we truly do have Prophets of God on earth today. I know that the Book of Mormon is true. And i know that because of Jesus Christ, we can be lifted from the lowest of lows. We just have to turn outward. It was also wonderful to hear so many quotations of the Living Christ and the Family Proclamation! Those documents are so inspired, and i would invite everyone to read them every single day! I love them! I love my mission so much. I was thinking the other day about how much my mission has changed my life. I have felt more joy than i ever have in my entire life. I know its because i am sharing the gospel. I have a testimony that through Jesus Christ we can become better than we ever thought we could be. Overall i am just thankful for this gospel, and the miracle of repentance, that enables us to grow and change every day. i cant wait for this coming week, its going to be so much fun! Paul is now in 3rd Nephi 6 as of today, and is hoping to finish by his baptism on the 14th! Anyhow, i hope you all have a good week! i love you and am thankful for you! See ya again soon!

Elder Kirby

No comments:

Post a Comment