Monday, March 26, 2018

youngmanalone

Hello Everyone,

Yet another great week here in Omaha! We had a lot of great things happen this week, it flew by way too fast. The title to my weekly comes from a recent convert named Larry. We called him to set up an appointment, and I was speaking, and he said "oh elder Kirby..young man alone.." and I said "what?" and Larry said " oh thats your indian name, it just kinda came out." It was pretty funny, so that is now my indian name according to Larry. Anyhow, we had our zone training meeting this week, and it went really well, it was a lot of fun to get to teach and give a training on the Fourth missionary! There are a lot of great Elders and Sisters in our zone, and it has been a blessing to work with them. Things here in Fontenelle have been going well, we did a double exchange this week with the Fontenelle Elders and the Winter Quarters Elders, so we were busy to say the least. However we saw an awesome miracle, Elder Aye Kyi and I decided that we wanted to go finding in downtown Omaha, so that we could do some contacting using the Book of Mormon. Well we had quite the time trying to find a parking spot where we didnt have to pay for a meter, and when we did, it was probably a quarter mile away from where we wanted to proselyte, so we decided to just walk and find people along the way. Well as we started getting into the city area, we were talking to people, and I noticed an African American man sitting on the corner at the end of the block. We worked our way towards him talking to people along the way, and eventually we reached him. We introduced ourselves, and then he said to us: "I havent been on this street but five minutes, and then I saw you guys walking up passing out cards, and I knew it was a sign from God."  he continued on to tell us that he recently had a close associate pass away, and that it was really bothering him. We got to teach and testify about the Plan of Salvation, and bring him comfort. Later we came to find out that he had actually been to our church!! he dated a member for a while, and came out to church. So that was also another awesome tender mercy! We gave him a Book of Mormon, and got his phone number and address! Hopefully we will be able to contact him here soon! The Lord always guides us to the right places at the right times, we just have to be willing to open our mouths! The rest of the week was good too, we got to meet with some less actives in the ward, and have some great lessons with them! The work is going well, we are basically starting fresh with investigators, because some just weren't ready to progress at this time. So we are going to have a blast. This area is straight cash. Speaking of cash, I found about $1.26 on the streets one day. Anyhow, it was a great week full of lots of fun times, and cool miracles. I am loving every second of my mission, and am looking forward to the next few weeks! Anyhow, as general conference approaches, I would invite each of you to keep in mind the importance of this week leading up to Easter. In this week, the Savior was welcomed into Jerusalem with throngs of cheering people waving palm boughs at his entrance. He was arrested and condemned on spurious charges. He suffered in the garden of Gethsemane. He instituted the sacrament. He was crucified, and laid in a tomb. He rose from the grave and became the first of them that slept. I testify that all of those events were real. They happened. And because the Savior rose from the grave, we can too. I would invite each of you to ponder the statement: Because Christ rose, what can you do? I testify that as we turn to Him every day, we will find peace and fulfillment in every aspect of our lives. He is the master, and the turner of the wheel. And He wants each of us to come to him and partake of eternal life, and buy milk and honey without price. I bear testimony that His sacrifice is infinite. The peace that it brings is also infinite. Come unto him, and I promise that any wounds or scars can be healed. Our broken pieces can be mended, and our lives can be changed. I love my Savior, and my Heavenly Father very much, and I am grateful for this chance I have to serve them. I am grateful for the sacrifices that are made by each of you on my behalf. My prayers are always with you. I love you all! Have a great week!

Thankfully,

Elder Kirby








No comments:

Post a Comment